Q1Where can I purchase clay?
A1On the last page of this catalogue, there is the list of our overseas distributors. If you are in one of those countries where our distributors are located, please contact them directly. If you are in the country where no distributor is located, please contact TOOLS INT’L Corp.
Q2How should clay be stored?
- The deterioration is facilitated more once the box is open.
- Please keep the boxes sealed when not in use.
- Please do not store under high temperature, humidity, and avoid direct sunlight.
- The appropriate temperature is under 25°C for storage.
- Once clay is out of box, we recommend that clay should be used as soon as possible in order to avoid the deterioration.
Q3Can Microwave Oven be used to warm up clay?
A3Do not use Microwave Oven to warm up clay. First of all, Microwave Oven can't set the temperatures of 45°C and 60°C. And with Microwave Oven, the core of clay gets warmed up. As clay gets warmed up, it expands its volume. As a result, if the core gets warmed rapidly with the surface being hard, it might cause the burst.
Q4What is the warming temperature for clay?
For NS60 Series, the components of oil and wax are designed to be warmed up at 60°C. The same principle is also applied to NS45 Series that is designed to be warmed up at 45°C. At the designated temperatures, each type of clay be warmed up and becomes soft properly to use. If warming up NS60 Series below or over 60°C and NS45 Series below or over 45°C, the change in physical properties might occur which is not preferable for these clays to use.
- Proper warming up time is 3 hours with the designated temperatures for each type of clay.
- Do not warm up these clays with less time with higher temperature.
Q5When applying clay, it is hot holding it in bare hands. Is there any preparation to be taken?
A5If applying clay with bare hands, low temperature burn on your skin may occur. We recommend to put on latex gloves or other similar type of gloves.
(shown on P.40)
Q6Is it possible to mix different type (or even the type with the same working temperature) together to use?
A6Each type (even the type with the same working temperature) has different properties. If mixing the different clays for use, after molding, there might occur the color inconsistency, cracking, peeling off etc. We do not recommend to do so.
Q7Are there any precautions as to repairing and reapplying clay?
A7It is important that clay must be adhered well. In order to do so, you should be careful when you apply clay to make sure not to leave any air bubbles between applied clay and clay surface. If leaving any air bubbles, it might cause the crack. If possible, we recommend to use heat gun to warm up the surface before applying clay.
Q8Is it possible to recycle (reuse) clay?
Yes, clay can be recycled and reused after kneading & deairing again through the clay shaper. Please note that if recycling clay mixed with garbage, the recycled clay will eventually lose its quality.
The recycled clay compared to brand new clay has the following characteristics and features:
- Physically, the recycled clay becomes harder, heavier, drier, and loses its stickiness.
- For the recycled clay, there is change in color which becomes darker than that of brand new clay.
- Practically, the standard recycling frequency is considered to be a few times at most. However, we do not have none to guarantee this standard recycling frequency.
Q9After completion of clay model, how should it be painted?
A9Our product called “Clay Modeling Film” is the most effective way for coloring the model. the direct painting on the clay model is not unsuitable because the solvent in paint causes the clay surface to melt.
Q10Can clay be disposed of by incineration?
Our clay “NS Series” does not contain any sulfur. Thus it is possible to be disposed of by incineration.
*It is hazardous to dispose of any clay containing sulfur (even slightly) by incineration. We strongly suggest not to do so.